COVID-19 Omicron is ringing in the new year with us:
6 Tips to stay safer in 2022
Want to stay safe from the omicron variant? Here are 6 tips you should know
The COVID-19 variant termed Omicron is spreading rapidly across the nation. COVID-19 cases are surging, fueled by this highly transmissible variant and holiday/travel season activities. Some states are reporting record high numbers that surpass all records from previous COVID-19 reports which is cause for concern. The CDC estimates that the Omicron variant now represents 58.6% of all COVID-19 cases. While highly transmissible, most people infected with the COVID-19 Omicron variant experience mild to moderate respiratory symptoms. However, some become seriously ill requiring medical attention and others have been killed by the virus. The CDC expects that anyone infected with the COVID-19 Omicron infection can spread the virus to others, even if they are vaccinated or don’t have symptoms.
The record increases in infection rates presents us with another challenge in control of the virus. The best way to prevent and slow down transmission, and therefore mutations of the virus, is to be well informed about the disease and how the virus spreads. Here are some tips to help you stay as safe as possible from Omicron:
- Get vaccinated
- Being vaccinated is expected to protect against severe illness, hospitalizations, and deaths due to Omicron infection.
- Vaccines continue to remain the best public health strategy to protect people from COVID-19, slow transmission, and reduce the likelihood of new variants emerging. Viral protection may decrease over time due to changes in variants so it is important to get recommended booster shots to maximize your protection.1
- Wear a mask
- Masks are still recommended to be warn when around other people in both indoor and outdoor settings. Masks offer protection against all variants.
- Frequently wash your hands
- Germs can be passed from one person to the other allowing for infections to spread. Washing your hands can keep you healthy and prevent the transfer of COVID-19 germs from one person to the next.
- Practice social distancing and stay 6 feet away from others
- Social distancing reduces the physical interaction between people thereby lowering the chances of spreading infection among others. Best social distancing practices include putting at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Avoid crowds and poorly vaccinated spaces
- It is recommended to avoid large crowds and spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors as much as possible. If indoors, good ventilation and opening of windows to bring in fresh air is suggested.
- Get tested for COVID-19
- COVID-19 testing provides real-time information on a person’s infectious status. If a test shows a positive result, immediate quarantine should occur to limit exposure and infection to others.
- COVID-19 testing allows many benefits for management of infected individuals and slowing down the spread of the virus.
Testing services are in high demand and continue to be one of the best methods available to provide up to date information on the virus. myOnsite provides the most efficient and effective means of COVID-19 testing and management. Our services can be deployed to you to provide immediate on-site testing strategies. Our services can be obtained for one-time tests, events or gatherings to reduce the risk of COVID-19 among your guests. myOnsite staff practice CDC COVID-19 recommended guidelines including wearing mask, gloves, sanitization, and social distancing practices with non-patients.
myOnsite has 16+ years’ experience in mobile phlebotomy services and a 99% customer satisfaction rating. Our mobile blood draws and specimen collection strategies support your COVID-19 testing needs in over 22 states in the USA.
Do you need mobile phlebotomy services for COVID-19 testing?
myOnsite has an extensive network of expert phlebotomists that can be assembled to assist in COVID-19 testing and management. Please Contact Us to discuss our mobile phlebotomy strategies.